Game changer – a “six figure” digester that converts the manure of 300-750 cows into energy.
A struggling dairy industry is looking for answers. PlanET researched the market and found one – and it turns out smaller can be better! New, robust 75-100 kW digester with the latest updated technology joins the company’s larger 160 kW, 225 kW, 360 kW and 550 kW models for farms of various sizes.
Agricultural Digesters has contracted with PlanET to be the exclusive representative in Vermont, and some additional regions, of their new digester size that features a tank for an expected 75-100 kW generator. It is a basic design for liquid/slurry substrates and can process the manure of 300 – 750 adult cows. The advantages are:
- A price extremely attractive to farmers and lenders.
- Saves the farm thousands of dollars monthly – even while the loan is being repaid.
- Our venture capital investors can provide financial assistance. This is facilitated by the return of the federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC). A token buyout by the farm is available after repayment.
- EQIP funds, as well as REAP and special development grants from USDA, can be applied.
- Digester components are largely assembled in advance and can be bolted into place. Operational maintenance is simple, as little as 15 minutes/day.
- If electricity sales to the grid bring a low price per kW, these digesters can instead supply the farm’s own power.
- The farm no longer pays for bedding and in addition has excess solids to sell to other farms or as bedding or soil amendment to plant nurseries. Agricultural Digesters is developing exciting new markets for these solids as well.
- Should the farmer decide to sell his farm in the future this digester is an asset that increases the sales price significantly.
- If the farm is not sold to a farmer, the digester can be disassembled, sold and moved to another farm.
- Some larger farms will find multiple units a smart investment.