Game changer – a “six figure” digester that converts the manure of 200-750 cows into energy.
A struggling dairy industry is looking for answers – and it turns out smaller can be better! A robust 50 – 150 kW digester with the latest technology joins this manufacturer’s larger 225 kW, 360 kW and 550 kW models for farms of various sizes. More importantly, the pricing is dramatically lower because it is a standard size, slurry digester, rather than a custom sized system that processes a diverse variety of feedstocks.
Agricultural Digesters LLC has contracted to be the exclusive representative, in Vermont and additional regions, of this new digester size that typically produces 50kW – 150 kW of electricity. The advantages are:
- A price extremely attractive to farmers and lenders.
- Saves farms thousands of dollars monthly, even while the loan is repaid.
- Our venture capital investors can provide financial assistance. They are motivated by the return of the federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC).
- At least four grants from USDA and NRCS are applicable.
- Digester components are largely assembled in advance and can be bolted into place. Operational maintenance is simple, as little as 15 minutes/day.
- If electricity sales to the grid bring a low price per kW, these digesters can instead supply the farm’s own power.
- Some larger farms will find multiple units a smart investment.
- The farm no longer pays for bedding and in addition has excess solids to sell to other farms as animal bedding or as soil amendment to plant nurseries. Agricultural Digesters LLC is even developing an exciting new market for used solids.
- Should the farmer decide to sell his farm in the future, this digester is an asset that increases the sales price significantly.
- If the farm is not sold to a farmer, the digester can be disassembled, sold and moved to another farm.
- Digesting and separation, combined with drag lining and injection, manages and reduces phosphorus runoff,