Game changer – a “six figure” digester that converts the manure of 200-750 cows into energy.
A struggling dairy industry is looking for answers and we found one – and it turns out smaller can be better! A robust 50 -100 kW digester with the latest technology joins this manufacturer’s larger 160 kW, 225 kW, 360 kW and 550 kW models for farms of various sizes.
Agricultural Digesters has contracted to be the exclusive representative in Vermont and additional regions, of this new digester size that typically produces 50kW – 100 kW of electricity. It is a basic design for liquid/slurry substrates and can process the manure of 200 – 750 adult cows. The advantages are:
- A price extremely attractive to farmers and lenders.
- Saves farms thousands of dollars monthly, even while the loan is repaid.
- Our venture capital investors can provide financial assistance. They are motivated by the return of the federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC).
- At least four grants from USDA and NRCS are applicable.
- Digester components are largely assembled in advance and can be bolted into place. Operational maintenance is simple, as little as 15 minutes/day.
- If electricity sales to the grid bring a low price per kW, these digesters can instead supply the farm’s own power.
- The farm no longer pays for bedding and in addition has excess solids to sell to other farms or as animal bedding or soil amendment to plant nurseries. Agricultural Digesters LLC is developing exciting new markets for these excess solids as well.
- Should the farmer decide to sell his farm in the future, this digester is an asset that increases the sales price significantly.
- If the farm is not sold to a farmer, the digester can be disassembled, sold and moved to another farm.
- Some larger farms will find multiple units a smart investment.